Saturday

Kynsley's 1st Race

I signed Kynsley and I up for a Stroller Expedition this weekend. The month of April, is Military Child Appreciation, so they're having many activities on post that involve the kids. I was thinking that the 1 1/2K stroller expedition sounded like fun. I was unaware of what that really meant until we arrived at registration.

Since I had already signed us up, they asked if she would be running in the 3-5 year old division? Run? Who said anything about running? I was like, by herself, they said, "oh no...you run with her" That's funny because I don't run!! I even asked another lady standing by if she'd like to step in as her mother for the day. Believe me,you would of asked her too. She had the whole runners look... with the right outfit and everything!

After explaining to Kynsley that this was a race and she had to run as fast as she could she wanted to do it. Once down on the track, I then found out she had to run half way around the track and stay in her own lane. But her aunt Da-Da must of kicked into her because SHE DID IT! She came in 3rd place. Everyone was cheering when she went to get her medal. The MC made the comment that she probably could of done better but prior to the race starting she had already ran about 2 miles. She was busy "practicing" until all the kids arrived.

Later we joined in on the 1 1/2 mile stroller walk. We finished the race, and won 2nd Place for our division. I was so proud of us today and wished Scottie could of been there with us to cheer us on~yeah right who am I kidding...if he were here...I would of made him push that stroller around that track!!!






















No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!