Tuesday

Handful of Weeds

Kynsley brought these flowers to me on the playground, I already had my camera out on the blanket and captured this moment. As I watched her playing in the sand the lyrics of this song came to my mind. I remember my mommie singing it and I thought the words went well with the memory. I hope Kynsley will grow up to LOVE me as much as I love my mommie, and cherish our times like these.





Four years old, with dirt on my face
I'd been out in the yard
pickin dandelions all day
I burst through the front door
when I'd gathered enough
to give to my mom, to show her my love
when I held out my hands
she looked down at me,she said
I've never seen flowers
as beautiful as these

she's the one
who told me about Jesus
she's the one
who taught me to sing
she deserves, an armful of roses
she's satisfied with a handful of weeds

Now that I'm older and out on my own
I wish I could find more time
to make it back home
I couldve done better, I know in my heart
than to scribble a note
on a last minute card

And then she calls on the phone
and the first thing she says
is I've read this card over and over again

She's always known
what true love means
and I want her to know
what she means to me !

She's more than satisfied, with a handful of weeds.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!