Tuesday

Our trip to NEW YORK

Our first time as a family in NY City! Oh did I mention it was a FREE trip? Fox News Headquarters saw Kynsley's reunion with her daddy and invited us for a Christmas Special that would be shown on Christmas Eve night! When we got the call we were not sure what to do or if it was even real! But after talking to their rep a few times we made the choice to go for it!!!
Our driver picked us up at 4am the morning we were to leave for NY. This was Scottie's first time getting to fly with Kynsley~and wouldn't you know she couldn't choose who to sit with!! But once in air, we all 3 fell asleep!
We arrived in NY and there stood our driver with a sign "The Penney family". Okay so this is the moment you start feeling "special". We asked him to take the long way to our hotel and show us around! (a tip from Nancy) I think of all the sites we saw, Scottie and I were excited to see the Queensboro Bridge! We both started singing, "I don't care cause all I want to do, is cash my check and drive right home to you. Baby all my life I will be driving home to you".
Once we checked in to the MUSE hotel right in Times Square I might add...we bundled up and went exploring the streets of NY. Our fist NY experience "Famous NY street Hot Dogs". We took Kynsley to M & M World and Toys R Us. After a morning filled with excitement we went back to the hotel to get ready for our "Filming" with Fox News.
The next day we were able to walk around NY(in the snow). We have many wonderful memories that Scottie and I both will always cherish, but one of my favorite moments was getting to see Santa. Now I know you can go just about to any mall at Christmas and find Old St. Nick but we made our way to 34th Street to find him. I had to call my daddy knowing that Miracle on 34th Street is one of his favorite Christmas movies. That's where we found the "real" Santa!


















































































No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!