Wednesday

Ground Zero









A few months ago, Scottie and I made a "Dream" list to share with each other! One of the dreams on his list was to stand with his family at Ground Zero. We never dreamed that it was going to happen in 2008. We took the 15 minute subway ride and once we came up from under ground the streets were already covered in snow. We had heard rumors that we might see a few flurries but not this. We could hardly see the progress of Ground Zero but the emotion of standing there for us was over welming.

We later took Kynsley up a few stories so we could show her the construction and we then explained to her what she was witnessing.

How do you explain to a 3 year old the pain that went on that day? We told her that there was some people who didn't like America very much and they crashed planes into the buildings and many people got to go be with Jesus that day. And that there were many HEROS who gave their lives to help others. We then explained that because of what happened that day is one of the reasons daddy has to work so far away from home. Who knows if she'll even remember the snowy day in NY but Scottie and I will never forget it! Just like those many men and women who gave their lives~WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!





















No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!