Monday

comforting

Today, I brought enough food for a big crowd. It seems like we are always having company at my house. Guests fly in from all over the country, and they all stay to eat with us. I'm pretty sure they could eat us out of house and home, except for one thing: we never let them into our house! We feed them all in the back yard.

I know what you're thinking. What kind of company do I feed in the back yard? Why don't we look in my bag and find out? Who do you think would eat these seeds? (Pause) You're right! This is birdseed. You should see all the birds that come to my back yard. I like to watch them. Sometimes I wonder if they realize that I'm the one who gives them this birdseed to eat. They never thank me.

You know, now that I think about it, sometiems I get busy and forget to fill up their bird feeder. And sometimes I go out of town - then they go hungry again. I don't always remember to take care of my company, do I?

James 1:17 says " Every good gift and every perfect present comes from heaven; it comes down from God, the Creator of the heavenly lights, who does not change."

God never forgets to provide for us. He never stops loving us, and giving us what we need. We can always depend of God.

Aren't you glad that God never forgets to care for us, Even when we forget to thank him?

1 comment:

Circusgirl25 said...

I love this story! May we all never forget to thank God for His Nourishment! I love you, April. As you continue to do His Work, you continue to help Him Feed me...and I to thank Him. And I love for that every day! Merry Christmas my sweet friend, Brandy

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!