Monday

Mother's Day Tea Party


Kynsley and I hosted a Mothers Day Tea party for the moms and wives of our PLT. We enjoyed Sweet Tea, Lemonade, Chicken Salad sandwiches, veggies, fruit, hummus, and cupcakes.
I had contacted all the ladies ahead of time and had each to confess a "fact" that the rest of us didn't know. Once at the party I had the others to try and figure out which wife went with each fact. I did learn a few things about the other wives I never would of guessed. We actually have a real Harley girl, and Texas Hold 'em champ in our PLT. Not to mention the track star, "farmer", and olympic participate. Oh yeah how could I forget...one was caught by the police after having her first "parking" experience with her hubby! The game brought so much laughter, we have to try this at the next PLT BBQ when the soldiers get back!

We ended up spending the entire afternoon chatting in the picnic area. I believe all the kids were exhausted after getting to spend all that time on the playground. Kynsley was so dirty when we got home, it took me forever to scrub the sand out of her hair. But when she was getting ready for bed she said, "this is my life. I had a great day" I guess this is what Mother's day is ALL about, getting to see the joy in your childs eye.































1 comment:

Kristie said...

A tip for getting the sand out: Pour on the baby powder and it slides right off arms and legs. Pour it in her hair and comb and it comes out 10xs easier!

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!