Monday

Colmberg Castle


This hotel is located In Franconia, known by far for its beauty. The documentary history of the castle at Colmberg reaches back to the first millennium. Human settlement in this area goes as far back as the late Stone Age, and discoveries indicate Roman activities here as well. In 1318 the castle was sold by the owner Earl Friedrich von Truhendingen to his uncle Friedrich IV von Hohenzollern along with the adjacent town of Leutershausen,. The castle was never conquered, nor apparently had it ever suffered serious damage. Because of this good fortune in its early history and the good luck to have been acquired by Hans Unbehauen, the master mason that saw to its preservation in 1964, the castle is in remarkable condition.








For our 1 year anniversary Scottie, Kynsley, and I went to the Colmberg castle. We felt like royalty. When we arrived we were all excited. The smell reminded me of my great-grandparents house. The smell of old wood burning cook stove. The wooden floors up to our room creaked. Our view from our window seat was beautiful. We truely had a romantic evening.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a outgoing, country gal! I love the spending time with my amazing husband and beautiful daughter, which the Lord has blessed me with. I love sitting around a board game or a game of cards with family and friends!